How to Travel Safely With Your Pets – National Pet Travel Safety Day
January 2nd is National Pet Travel Safety Day, and during this time, we like to raise awareness about traveling with pets while helping to educate pet owners on how to travel with them safely. Whether you’re making a quick trip to the veterinary hospital or going on an extended journey, your pets must have what they need to travel safely.
5 Travel Safety Tips for Pets
1. Small Pets Should Be in Their Carriers
2. Larger Pets Should Have a Safety Harness or Restraint
3. Vaccines and Parasite Preventatives Should Be Destination-Appropriate
4. Make Sure Pets Meet the Travel Requirements
5. Research Emergency Veterinary Hospitals
You never know what could happen on a trip. So, it’s good to be prepared in the event your pet has an emergency. Before you leave, be sure to research emergency veterinary hospitals located along your travel route and at your destination.